One of the biggest nights of Fashion (the Met Gala) was held last night. The annually held event is a fundraising event for the Metropolitan Museum of Art’s Costume Institute in New York. Each year the event has a different theme and the guests of the Met Gala are expected to choose their fashion to match the theme.
This year’s theme was Manus x Machine: Fashion in an Age of Technology. With a theme embracing technology, celebrities wore gorgeous sleek pieces with lots of metallic accents and dresses which actually even used artificial intelligence.
Sharing my top ten favourite looks.
1 – Poppy Delevingne, wearing Marchesa looked so edgy, chic and futuristic. I loved this dress when it was seen on the Fall 2016 runway earlier this year. The embellishments are gorgeous and with the fringe detailing of the dress, it has the perfect futuristic metallic vibe.
2 – Claire Danes wearing Zac Posen, looked just like a princess. This was the most creative and talked about dress of the Met Gala. She looked just like Cinderella in the day time, but the magic came to life in the dark. Zac Posen used fibre optic woven organza to sew this one-of-a-kind piece, which allowed the dress to light up in the dark. He actually managed to embrace technology while making this stunning creation, it was something that we have never seen before on the red carpet.
3. Blake Lively wearing Burberry, looked just like a fairy tale princess in this stunning dress. I loved the romantic hues and flower detailing.
4. Jordan Dunn wearing Balmain, looked incredible. Olivier Rousteing created gorgeous gowns for the Met Gala and I loved every piece. Each of the gowns he made, had metallic elements but looked completely different from one another. The structured bodice of this dress is not only flattering but it complements the theme, it has a sleek and futuristic vibe. The use of silver embellishments and sequins is just perfect.
5. Kylie Jenner wearing Balmain looks so chic and flawless. First of all I love the Silver Metallic hues and the crystal embellishments on this gorgeous piece. The sheer detailing on the side of the dress looked perfect on her figure, not just anyone could pull of this look.
6. Cindy Crawford wearing Balmain, looked stunning in another master piece by Olivier Rousteing. The mirrored embellishments and shoulder cutout details of the dress are exquisite. I thought she looked perfect for her age, elegant and graceful, does she seriously age?
8. Kim Kardashian wearing Balmain looked perfect for the theme. I loved the mirrored silver embellishments and the structured bodice of the dress. She wore this look so well that she almost looks like a glamorous robot.
8. Nina Dorbev wearing Marchesa looked like a gorgeous princess. Her Gold Gown was covered with shimmery embellishments and delicate embroidered flowers.
9. Kath Hudson wearing Versace, looked edgy and futuristic, but also feminine in this stunning piece.
10 – Gigi Hadid wearing Tommy Hilfiger looked stunning. This dress was simple but so futuristic chic. I loved the Gun Metal colour, the high neck detailing and the silver sequins bodysuit of the dress, put together it was all just brilliant. Having Zayn Malik on her side also rocking the theme of the night just completed her look :). Don’t you agree?
What were your favourite looks?